It goes without saying that interpreting in police settings requires in depth, specialist training. If you’re considering whether you’re suitable for this domain, these two webinar will assist you to begin to identify areas to explore in further depth. Experienced police interpreters will also benefit from a discussion of the technological, national and global developments taking place in this domain.
Here are some of the things you'll learn:
- What types of bookings/interviews might you be needed for?
- What would you do if you felt you needed to challenge a police officer on their practice?
- How national (UK) and strategic aims of the PLOD initiative and police interpreting may affect you.
- Awareness of the role of an intermediary in police and court settings
- How video relay services are being introduced to Police forces
We'll also discuss some ethical dilemmas specific to this domain.
With 4+ hours of structured learning and further references and material so you can continue your learning, this is a package you cannot afford to miss!
Please note: Interpreting in Police Settings Part 2 is an audio recording with video resources.