It goes without saying that interpreting in legal and police settings requires in depth, specialist training. If you’re considering whether you’re suitable for this domain, these two webinar will assist you to begin to identify areas to explore in further depth Experienced police and court interpreters will also benefit from a discussion of the technological, national and global developments taking place in this domain.
Here are some of the things you'll learn:
- What types of bookings/interviews might you be needed for?
- What would you do if you felt you needed to challenge a police officer on their practice?
- How national (UK) and strategic aims of the PLOD initiative and police interpreting may affect you.
- An understanding of our role in legal settings
- An enhanced appreciation of the implications of our errors
- Strategies to minimise the consequences of our errors
We'll also discuss some ethical dilemmas specific to this domain .
With 4+ hours of structured learning and further references and material so you can continue your learning, this is a package you cannot afford to miss!